Sunday, August 2, 2009

Trip to Nauvo

The second weekend Kathie and I went to Nauvoo, Illinois.This was our third trip. It is always
great going to Nauvoo. We stayed at the Nauvoo Inn, which had very small rooms, but very convient. I think the Nauvoo temple is just beautiful. I think out of 40 pictures I took, 20 of them were of the temple.





We were able to watch the presentation of “Sunset on the Mississippi” and the Nauvoo pageant, twice.

We had seen the Sunset skit on previous visits, but this was the first time we saw the pageant. The Sunset skit is great because it is just down right entertaining. On Friday the Sunset skit had a mini-skit where a person gave the Cinderella story but each word was started with a different letter. It was so funny that when we went back to see it on Saturday I brought my video camera to record it. Unfortunately, that skit wasn’t performed on Saturday night.

The Nauvoo pageant told the story of the settlement of Nauvoo by the Saints. It was very good and uplifting.

Kathie and were also able to visit the Carthage jail where both
Hyrum and Joseph Smith were martyred. The door still has the bullet holes from when they were killed.








In the visitor center they had a section of sculptures that I really liked. Here is one of Joseph Smith's vision of the Father and the Son. And another one with Jesus at Lazurus' tomb.

No comments: